• chevron_rightWhen will annual assessment invoices be mailed? When will members be notified of annual assessment increases?
    The bylaws require an Annual Report to be made available to all Members within 120 days of the end of the Fiscal Year.  The Annual Report cannot be completed until the property management company closes the books for the Fiscal Year. Due to the number of online payments the Association receives, monthly and annual reports are taking longer to complete. When the annual report has been completed, it along with the annual assessment invoices, the adopted budget for the new year, and notifications from the board are mailed via USPS first class mail as required by the Association's bylaws. The current cost for a first class mailing exceeds $1750. To save money, the HOA chooses to mail these documents together. Generally, these documents are mailed in February.
    If the board adopts an assessment increase, the notice for the increase will be mailed with the annual assessment invoice and the annual report to save money.
  • chevron_rightWhen does the board make decisions about annual assessment rates?
    Between October and December, the Board begins discussions about the next year's budget and annual assessment rates. The Board may also appoint a Finance Committee to assist the treasurer with setting the budget for the next fiscal year. As part of setting the budget, the Committee will discuss the assessment rate. The Committee reports back to the board with a proposed budget and a proposed assessment rate. The Board adopts the rate. 
    Members are permitted to attend these open board meetings. Meeting dates and times are posted on the Association's social media page and website.
  • chevron_rightWhy do I have to pay an annual assessment to the Masterson Station Homeowners Association? What if don’t want to join?
    The assessment payable by each homeowner funds both the operating and capital budgets of the association.
    These budgets cover such things as grass mowing, flower, shrubbery and tree planting and maintenance of all
    common areas; maintenance and repair of all common area structures, such as walls, fences, entrance lights
    (not street lights which are the responsibility of Kentucky Utilities), street signs, electrical wiring and irrigation
    systems, the property manager’s services, and social events.
    In short, the bulk of the assessments go toward maintaining and enhancing all the areas owned “in common” by
    the homeowners within Masterson Station; the proper maintenance of which enhances the property
    values for the subdivision and its’ residents.
    According to the Deed of Restrictions (DOR), all property owners in the Masterson Station neighborhood are
    automatically members of the homeowners association and subject to the assessment. You should have been
    given a copy of the DOR at or before closing on your home. If you need a copy of the DOR, please refer to the governing documents.
    The amount of dues is $120 per year (as of 01/01/2024) due on January 1st of each year. Dues are pro-rated for
    mid-year move ins @ $10 per month for each full month that is left in the year after the move in. If you sell your
    house in mid-year, after paying your dues, usually the settlement form for the sale will take into consideration a
    “credit” for the seller for the balance of the dues along with a “debit” for the buyers. Although, this will depend
    on the person who completes the real estate transaction. There are no “refunds” issued by the Homeowners
    Association after payment is made. The settlement of the dues is solely the seller’s responsibility.
  • chevron_rightI just moved into Masterson Station. Where do I get information about the homeowners association?
    Contact the MSNA Manager or call (859) 246-0911.
  • chevron_rightI want to fence in my backyard. Do I have to get a permit or permission?
    Yes, the City requires you to obtain a permit to construct a fence. According to “How to be a Good Neighbor”
    published by the LFUCG, a “permit from the Division of Building Inspection is required before a structure may
    be built, moved, added to or structurally altered. A permit is also needed for installation of a swimming pool,
    construction of a driveway or fence, or major remodeling of a home.”
    In addition to the City’s requirements, Masterson Station’s DOR has certain guidelines and prohibitions.
    Anyone desiring to undertake these types of projects must submit a written request, accompanied by plans and
    specifications, to the property manager for approval before any work begins. Following this procedure will
    ensure consistent and fair DOR enforcement, protect the interest of all Masterson Station residents and possibly
    save the individual homeowner a lot of time, money and aggravation.  For more information see Property Improvement.
  • chevron_rightThe trees between the sidewalk and the street in front of my house need trimming. Is that my responsibility?
    Yes, according to City ordinance. All street trees are required to be trimmed at least 14 feet above the
    sidewalk. In addition, it is “unlawful to allow any tree, bush, or other vegetation and items like basketball goals
    to obstruct the view of a street or passage on a sidewalk.” Property owners are required to obtain a permit from
    the Urban County Government’s Division of Parks and Recreation before a street tree may be planted and
    before any tree larger than three inches in diameter may be removed.
    Further, a homeowner is responsible for replacing defective sections of the sidewalk adjoining their property.
    According to the City, the sidewalk inspection program is “complaint responsive,” meaning an inspection is
    done when a citizen files a complaint with the Division of Code Enforcement. Homeowners should always keep
    in mind the issue of liability should someone be injured due to sidewalk or street trees falling into disrepair or
    unsafe conditions.
  • chevron_rightWhat can I do about the loud music, power equipment or barking dogs?
    These fall under the City’s noise ordinance which “prohibits sound that annoys or disturbs a reasonable
    person of normal sensitivities.” Please refer to the publication “How to be a Good Neighbor?’ for specifics.
    Violations, or questions, should be directed to the Division of Police, 258-3600.
  • chevron_rightWhat’s the speed limit in Masterson Station?
    As with most residential streets in Lexington, the speed limit is 25 mph unless otherwise posted. The
    Masterson Station Homeowners Association Board of Directors takes speeding on our streets very seriously.
    Violators should be reported to the Division of Police, 258-3600 (include license plate number, make, model
    and color of vehicle and time-of-day if you can).
    Our streets are part of our neighborhood and we should take responsibility for safety on them: First by
    observing the speed limits and stop signs ourselves; and second by reporting violations regularly and often in
    order to get the enforcement effort we need. With enough calls (complaints) made with the Division of Police, it
    has been seen that they will increase the number of patrols along the main boulevard to help deter speeding.
  • chevron_rightWho is the Board of Directors anyway? Are they paid?
    The Board of Directors is made up of homeowners from Masterson Station. Board members give of their time
    and talents voluntarily to serve their community and neighbors. Regularly scheduled meetings will be held at
    the Masterson Station Club. Dates and times will be announced. All residents are welcomed and encouraged to
    attend the meetings, to be actively involved either by serving on the Board or through other volunteer
    opportunities and to communicate questions, ideas, suggestions and concerns to the Board.
  • chevron_rightDeed of Restrictions? What is it and how does it affect me?
    To view your deed of restrictions head over to the governing documents.
  • chevron_rightIs there a neighborhood wide yard sale?
    There is a spring and fall community-wide yard sales where members of the neighborhood are encouraged to
    participate.  The spring sale is held in May and the fall sale is held in September. The dates for these sales are posted on the website.